Are you new to DC?
The DC Gator Club includes alumni, friends and family of those living in the Greater Washington DC metropolitan area, and we’re here to help make sure you are plugged in to everything DC Gator!
Here’s a few places you should visit to connect with fellow Gators and Floridians…Great for Networking!!
Below you will find links to local sources of information that may be of value to you as a new Gator in the Nation's Capital.
Should you have any further questions about the area or the Club please do contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gator License Plates
If you are a Maryland/Virginia resident and interested in obtaining a University of Florida License Plate to show your pride 24/7/365 then we’ve got you covered!!
Please contact fellow Gator George H. Starke, Jr. at (240) 293-6343 or via Email
Renew Your Membership Here:
All DC Gator Club Sites and Related Affiliate Groups:
- DC Gator Club LinkedIn Page
- UF Law Alumni Group – DC Chapter
- DC Gator Club Facebook Page
- DC Gator Club Group Page
- DC Gator Club Twitter Page
- DC Gator Club Running Group
- DC Gator Club Mom’s Group
- Jewish Gators in DC
- Catholic Gators Alumni: DC
- Young Gators – DC Edition – Social/Professional Networking Group for Young Gators 21-34
- All Florida Alumni of DC – All Alumni Groups from Florida Colleges/Universities in DC (Co-Founded by a Gator)
- Region 9 Gator Club Forum – The Region the DC Gator Club is apart of
- University of Florida Association of Black Alumni (ABADC)
- LGBT at UF
- Association of Asian Alumni - UF
- Association of Hispanic Alumni - UF
DC Short Cuts
DC One Card – If you live in DC, the DC One Card is a one-stop-shop for Metro access, library access and (most importantly) access to free public pools! (Check out Banneker Pool in the summer, it’s the place to be!
The Washington Nationals – Three hours before every game, the Nationals Box Office releases a chunk of $5 tickets. The seats are in the nosebleeds, yes, but they’re covered and right next to a Ben’s Chili Bowl stand and beer and margarita vendors. You have to have each person who wants to buy a ticket at the box office line with an ID, but it’s still a cheap way to spend an afternoon!
NAKID Kickball (No, Adult Kickball Isn’t Dumb) – Kickball is a great way to meet new people, get out in the sunshine, and play flipcup like you’re still in college.
DC Bocce Ball League – www.dcbocce.com
WAKA KickBall DC – www.kickball.com/dcareakickball
Local Government Websites and Public Transportation:
- Washington DC Metrorail and Metrobus
- Maryland Transit Administration (Marc Train from DC to MD)
- Union Station (Amtrak)
- District of Columbia
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Arlington, Virginia
- Bethesda & Montgomery County Maryland
- Commonwealth of Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Maryland Motor Vehicle Department
- Things to Do DC – Special Events Company
- Social DC – Non-Profit Social Events Company
- Meet Up Events – Start Up or Join the Most Popular Meet Up Site in DC
- Top 10 Things to Do and See
- US Capitol Visitors Center
- White House Tours
- Washington, DC Tourism
- Smithsonian Museums & National Zoo
- National Park Service DC
Local area resources include: